ictoria is world class when it comes to throwing a party! We have more celebrations going on through the year than you’d believe. Check out some of the ones we’ve discovered and come celebrate with us – whether it’s Black History Month, the Tall Ships Festival or Jazz Fest, we know how to show you a great time!
- Victoria Film Festival Late January- early February. One of best and least known film festivals in North America, the Victoria Film festival attracts big names and not only has some of the best independent films, but lots of workshops and interactive activities for all.
- Black History Month: Victoria has always had a population of African-Canadians, and we are proud to celebrate that fact:
- Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival – For the Scots and Celtic lovers, and those who love a good party!
- Victoria Day Parade – a parade to celebrate the Queen for whom our fair city is named. - Holiday Monday 3rd weekend in May
- Uno – Canada’s live singular theatre event – like the Fringe, but with solo artists.
- Swiftsure Weekend – Some of the best sailing around. Check it out this weekend! A magnificent sight!
- Victoria Jazz Festival is one of the highlights of the year. A full line up of world-class musicians will be announced at the end of April – book now to ensure a memorable experience!
- Victoria Pride Week – The Pride society hosts year-round events – check their website for dates and activities.
- Moss Street Paint In – Come and see some of Victoria’s best and most intriguing visual artists – sponsored by the Victoria Art Gallery and TD Bank, this is the Paint In’s 23rd year.
- Symphony Splash – Held annually on the first weekend in August, the Victoria Symphony plays on a barge in the inner harbour. Last year there was a record 40,000 who attended.
- Victoria’s Dragon Boat Festival – One of Victoria's most popular summer events, the Victoria Dragon Boat Festival is a remarkable combination of culture and sport. Showcasing our world-renowned inner harbour, this is the only dragon boat festival in North America to take place in a working harbour.
- Victoria Fringe Festival – World renowned, the Fringe Theatre Festival happens all over the world – from Edinburgh to Toronto – come check out Victoria’s Fringe!
- Vancouver Island Blues Bash – blues and jazz at the beginning of September, a great way to welcome the fall.
- The Butchart Fireworks - Saturdays July and August - phenomenal!
- Royal Victoria Marathon – Book your hotels and spaces early for this internationally recognized event. “One of the top 10 destination marathons in North America” says Runners World Magazine. Whether you’re running in it, or cheering on a participant or just watching the efforts of others, book your hotel early – the city sells out at least a month in advance.
- Classic Boat Festival – the end of August and beginning of September - Pure elegance afloat.
- ROMP! A festival of modern dance by some of the best choreographers and dancers in BC.
- Butchart Gardens - Christmas Time - December/January- See the light show at Butchart Gardens.